Monday, May 26, 2008

As usual on every Sunday morning, I went to my Jap classmate's house ystd to give tuition to her sec2 Japanese daughter. Then I realised I was very bored while watching her do her work, so I ask her to show me some of her sch TBs. Science, maths, Geo, History, blah blah. Okay, at the end of the day, I just LOOK AT PICTURES ONLY cuz the Japanese words are too chim for me to comprehend. Then I realised got one TB which is titled "Singapore". I was like "Huhz, study in Japanese school also must know S'pore meh?" Anyway, I juz flipped thru, and to my greatest horror, I think it's 90% rubbish written inside. There are things like wat call "995", then u see fire symbol next to it, then call 999, and u c a policeman next to it. Ogosh lorz, I thought that's quite idiot-proof? But maybe cuz they r foreigners so need to read up bahz.. But I still can't help but to laugh that sum1 can actually come up with such a book...

Then after tuition, I ended up having a chat with my friend, abt Japan obviously. Then she told me smth which up till now I still cnt accept. Kind of "culture shock". She told me a few yrs back, while she was in one of the densha(train) station in Osaka with her family, she suddenly saw one guy like walking frantically past her then suddenly FAINT just like that, but not directly next to her lar. Then guess what!? There were MANY people walking around who SAW THAT but nobody bothered to do anything. Sum of them who saw the fainted man lying on the floor even purposely make a BIG detour. SO HEARTLESS RITE!? Like my friend said, that man was no different from a "dead chicken" lying on the station floor. So my friend, who doesn't know anything, juz went forward with her husband to help the man up arz. Apparantly maybe due to fatigue or what that caused the faint lar. Then soon after the station worker came to "help" the guy. My friend was angry at how cruel can the Japanese ppl be. Likewise, I had the same thinking, like no "humane feeling" lorz. Till I hear the reason...

She called one of her close friend, a native Japanese and told her the incident, and complaining this and that saying why no1 BOTHERS to help a fainted man up, summore in a country like Japan. Then when her friend heard that, she was shocked and screamed over the phone "OMG! YOU WANT TO DIE ARZ! NEVER EVER GO NEAR A FAINTED PERSON IN PUBLIC PLACES!!" Like any normal person, my friend asked a big "WHY!!??" According to her friend, in recent decades, there have been COUNTLESS cases of ppl killed by "fainted ppl". Any place, be it train stations, shopping centres or wherever, these "INSANE PPL" will suddenly faint in the middle of the road. Any normal person who saw that will obviously go forward and try to help the "fainted person" up right? But when these helpful ppl were trying to lift the "fainted person" up, the mad guy will draw out a knife from his pocket and STAB the person to death! Sum may run away, sum may started laughing hysterically like a mad person till the police come to arrest these "mad ppl". When I heard that I was like "huhz.. Hao Xin mei hao bao horz?" And because there were simply too MANY of such incidents in Japan, especially in more urban cities like Tokyo and Osaka, with so many innocent ppl being killed just like that, the public has grown to be "cautious" of ppl who "faint" out of nowhere. And instead, when a person faint, many ppl who are walking past will try to "detour" as far away as possible.

Cause of this problem? Because these ppl read too many manga liaoz, especially those thriller/detective/crime kind of comics (like kindaichi!!!????) and hence they started imagining things and wanting to "act things out". Wah laoz, see lar, I knew it.. Manga is bad for health. So that's why ever since young till now, I never really read comics/manga. -_-'''

But on a serious note, it's really DANGEROUS lar! And my friend was telling me also countless cases on the Japanese news, of mad ppl walking around public places and keep stabbing alot of ppl, just "FOR THE FUN OF IT". Wah laoz. I think it's demn ke lian lar. Can you imagine while you are shopping and suddenly someone just pop out from nowhere and stab you? If die like that so wasted lorz. Haiz. Okay, luckily such things don't happen in S'pore...

No comments: